this will make a bunch of you cocktail bloggers very very very happy. now you don’t have to actually complain how awful vodka tastes. you can just critique how it cleans instead! yup, from sparkling chandeliers to killing mildew, APARTMENT THERAPY has conveniently put together a list. and if you’re one of those peeps who would prefer to drink your vodka, PLANET GREEN asserts that vinegar has the same cleaning effect as vodka for a fraction of the price. remember, cleanliness is next to godliness…
1. Keep Aphids off houseplants. Wash off houseplants with tap water then dab the leaves with a cotton ball dipped in vodka. Do not use alcohol on delicate plants like African Violets.
2. Shine chrome, glass and porcelain bathroom fixtures. Soak a soft, clean cloth with vodka and shine.
3. Remove hairspray from mirrors. Soak a soft, clean cloth with vodka and wipe mirrors clean.
4. Clean crystal and porcelain ornaments.
5. Clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers by filling a spray bottle with vodka, then spraying the caulking. Wait 5 minutes, then wash clean. Bonus: the alcohol in the vodka actually kills mold and mildew.
6. Clean a chandelier right where it hangs! Spray the chandelier with a solution of four teaspoons of vodka to one pint of water. Put down a cloth or plastic sheet to catch the drips.
7. Remove stains by rubbing with a clean cloth soaked in vodka. Rinse thoroughly.
8. Clean jewelry and cutlery. Soak it in vodka for five minutes, rinse and dry.
9. Remove the glue left behind by stickers and labels. Rub the glue with a soft, clean cloth soaked in vodka.
10. Use it to kill bees and wasps.
11. To get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke, mix one part vodka to three parts water, spray and let dry.
12. Clean tiles in the bathroom by spraying with vodka. Leave it on for 5 minutes and rinse. Great for getting rid of soap scum.
WOAH, WAIT THERE’S MORE… CLICK HERE FOR EVEN MORE USES FOR VODKA! via MSN